Monday, March 24, 2008

Right to Fail

Success and failure walk hand in hand with each other. Every one in the world has a right to see and feel what failure is like. Any one who says that they have not failed at anything is either very lucky or is lying, even some of the nations presidents have failed in way or another. If one fails then that person learns from their failures. One time in my life that I can remember that I felt like I failed was when my parents pulled me out of karate. I was 4 belts away from being able to test for my first degree black belt. I really wanted to say that I achieved something that I really wanted at that age. Since my parents were also taking karate lessons and did not like the fact that some things were changed with no warning, they decided that we did not belong and pulled out, with me with them. When I asked them why they did it, they said that they felt that I was not learning anything. The truth was far from that, I was learning more then they knew. They knew that I was very committed to it and that I would love nothing less then to receive the black belt. As the years have gone by, I often look back and think “I failed, I should have fought to stay in, I failed” though at the same time thinking “I want to go back, I want to get that belt”. Maybe a day will come that I will go back and get the one thing that I failed to get, or I may end up seeing that I am in a sense a black belt in my own way. All I know is that that is that I have never forgotten what happened all those years ago.

No comments: